Wednesday, August 17, 2011

That was fast!

Well the teens are back in school this week and summer break is officially over! It was a crazy summer that flew by so fast! We crammed a lot of stuff into the past three months. I felt like I was going non-stop. But I think it was all very good. We were able to serve a lot of different people and I believe God was at work in my life as well as the lives of those around me.
Unfortunately, there is no rest for the weary in this land. There's a lot coming up to plan and get ready for. Our Men's Retreat is in a week and a half and I am preaching that Sunday, which is also the day we have selected to recognize our Children's Ministry and honor our teachers and life group leaders.
I am also in major planning mode to get ready for Restore 2011, our fall retreat to the beach on September 23-25th. It is lining up to be a great weekend again, as we are bringing back David Skidmore and Jordan House for the third year.
On top of all that, my family is getting pumped up for our "Celebration Week". That's the week of our anniversary (9/29) and three birthdays (9/30, 10/1, and 10/5).
With all of this going on, I will try harder to keep this blog updated. I didn't expect to be able to in the summer months because my office hours were very limited. However, even with the busy schedule this time of year, I should be putting more office hours in now so I will have time to post.

God Bless,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment